Canton, NY – The SUNY Canton women's hockey team scored at least three goals in each period paced by three goals and two assists from Jayde Dukette and two goals and three assists from Breanna Bedborough as the Roos earned a 10-0 non-conference win v. Anna Maria College on Friday.
- Result: SUNY Canton 10, Anna Maria 0
- Location: Roos House – Canton, NY
- Records: SUNY Canton (6-15-1) Anna Maria (2-17-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Roos opened the scoring at 9:24 of the opening period. Breanna Bedborough won an offensive zone faceoff at the left circle back to Micayla Macintyre who wristed home her first goal of the season.
- Canton made it 2-0 just 59 seconds later when Julia Smith played the puck behind her net but Caeley Smith picked it off and found Jayde Dukette alone out in front as she finished into the open net.
- The hosts continued to fire on all cylinders offensively tallying their third score of the game a mere 13 seconds later. Bedborough and Hannah Desrochers skated 2-on-1 into the offensive zone with Bedborough leaving a drop-off pass for Desrochers in the slot who buried her third goal of the season.
- Canton concluded its first period scoring at the 14:19 mark when took the puck behind the Anna Maria net and found Jordan Emerson out at the point. Emerson's shot was redirected home out in front by Dukette as Ashley Gillies also earned a helper on the play.
- SUNY Canton took a 5-0 lead at 11:20 of the second period as Ashley Gillies picked up a loose puck below the left circle, deked Smith, and backhanded a shot past the goaltender. Lily Cullen and Dukette picked up assists on the play.
- Bedborough added a power play goal at the 13:16 mark off passes from Alexa Parigi and Micayla Macintyre. Dukette completed the hat trick a minute later as the Roos opened up a 7-0 advantage after three.
- Bedborough and Desrochers added their second goals of the game in the third period and Meaghan Best tacked on a score leading to the 10-0 final.
- Brooke Susac made nine saves in her first win and shutout of the season. Smith made 25 saves over the first 34:16 for the AMCATS, while Gabrielle Gibson turned aside 17 shots in relief.
- Canton went 1-for-4 on the power play, while killing off its lone penalty.
These two teams will have a rematch on Saturday at 2 p.m.