MORRISVILLE, N.Y. – Senior forward Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, BC) posted a goal and two assists Sunday afternoon to lead the host Morrisville women's hockey team to a dominating 6-0 victory over visiting SUNY Canton on the Mustangs home ice in Morrisville.
Devlin's score in the second was a milestone mark for the senior, who became the first in program history to reach the 100-point mark, recording 37 career goals and 63 assists to date.
- Final Score: Morrisville 6, Canton 0 (by period: Morrisville 3-2-1, Canton 0-0-0)
- Location: Morrisville IcePlex, Morrisville, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville 11-10-1, 8-6-1 NEWHL; Canton 4-15-1, 1-13-1 NEWHL
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Host Morrisville women's hockey completed the series against SUNY Canton Sunday afternoon on the Mustangs home ice, turning in a dominating 6-0 final score in favor of the hosts as senior forward Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, BC) recorded her 100th collegiate point as she collected a goal and two assists to lead the winning effort.
- Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, ON) also turned in a three-point outing, recording a goal and assisting two others, while four additional teammates posted scores.
- Lacey Friesen (Marquette, MB) collected the shut out in net for the Mustangs, making 21 total stops, including 10 in the second period of play.
- Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, ON) opened all scoring for the hosts a mere 2:40 in, burying the one-timer off the dish from Alexziz Giannamore (Pittsburgh, Pa.) and Kendra Johnston (St. Albert, AB).
- Within minutes, a shot from the blue line by defenseman Chyne Kennedy (Southwold, ON) extended the lead to two midway through the first. Lombardi and Devlin were credited with the assists.
- Morrisville wrapped up the opening period with a third tally, this time on the power play, as Devlin connected with Lombardi for the 3-0 advantage.
- Morrisville continued the offensive pressure in the second, netting two additional, including one from Devlin at the 9:33 mark, her 100th career point from the right side of the goal, after receiving the puck from fellow lines mate Lombardi.
- Rhys Brown (Kemptville, ON) extended the lead to five at the 16:45 mark, with Sierra Voeller (Penticton, BC) and Kylie Cameron (Burlington, ON) each collecting an assist.
- Cameron completed all scoring for the Mustangs, netting the sixth and final score at the 6:22 mark of the third, snapping the puck past the Canton net minder for the score.
- Giannamore and Taylor Finnie (Kamloops, BC) each collected an assist point.
- Canton had three different goalies tend net, with Kayla Lauzon posting the loss after appearing in the first. Lauzon made seven stops and allowed three goals.
- Morrisville will travel to SUNY Cortland in a key NEWHL matchup with the Red Dragons on Friday, before meeting league top SUNY Plattsburgh on the 21st and 22nd in the regular season weekend finale.