OSWEGO, N.Y. – The Mustangs returned to Oswego State to wrap up their Northeast Women's Hockey League (NEWHL) regular season series just five days after defeating the Lakers 2-0 on the road. The series finale was not as kind to Morrisville as the Lakers used a three-goal third period to defeat the Mustangs 4-2.
- Final Score: Oswego 4, Morrisville 2 (by period: Oswego St. 1-0-3, Morrisville 0-2-0)
- Location: Oswego, N.Y.
- Records: Oswego St. (10-6-4, 7-4-4 NEWHL), Morrisville (10-10-1, 7-6-1 NEWHL)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Lakers jumped on the Mustangs early with a goal by Kate Randazzo at the 5:18 mark in the first period.
- The score would remain 1-0 in favor of Oswego State until late in the second period.
- Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, Ont.) went off for two straight goals in just a matter of 18 seconds to put the Mustangs up 2-1.
- Lombardi's first strike at the 17:34 mark was assisted by Alana McDonald (Potsdam, N.Y.), while the second was assisted by Maddison Devlin (Campbell River, B.C.) at the 17:52 mark.
- The Lakers evened the score at the 8:01 mark in the third, and went on to capitalize on two of three third period power play opportunities to secure the 4-2 win.
- Morrisville returns home on Friday to wrap up their NEWHL series with SUNY Canton. Puck drop is set for 4 PM.