POTSDAM, N.Y — Buffalo State's goals came just 21 seconds apart in the second period and the Bengals held on for a 2-1 road victory tonight over NEWHL foe Potsdam.
FINAL SCORE: Buffalo State – 2, Potsdam – 1
LOCATION: Maxcy Ice Arena - Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Buffalo State (5-15/3-10), Potsdam (10-10-2/7-7-2)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bri Gawronski (Dunkirk, NY/Mt. Mercy) stopped 40 of the 41 shots she faced to preserve Buffalo State's second-consecutive victory.
- Lauren Madden (Jamestown, NY/Jamestown) and Jessica Carter (Scottsdale, AZ/Brightmont Acad.) scored for the Bengals, while Gianna Brigante (Mahopac, NY/Mahopac), Lila Toczek (Pendleton, NY/Starpoint), Natasha Steinle (Morrison, CO/CIHA) and Hannah Gallivan (Buffalo, NY/Kenmore West) all collected assists.
- After a scoreless first period, Buffalo State opened the scoring with Madden's first goal of the season 8:14 into the middle frame and then Carter pushed the lead to 2-0 with her second of the year.
- Potsdam cut the lead in half with 6:23 remaining in regulation, but the Bengals and Gawronski were able to close out the victory despite being outshot 41-25 for the game.
FOR THE FOES
- Kaylee Merrill scored for Potsdam, and Alexa Pfieffer made 23 saves.
Buffalo State will visit SUNY Canton tomorrow for a 4 p.m. puck drop.