Posted: Nov 23, 2019
CANTON, N.Y. – The Morrisville Mustangs returned to the win column on Saturday evening defeating the SUNY Canton Roos on the road 4-1 in Northeast Women's Hockey League (NEWHL) action.
- Final Score: Morrisville 4, SUNY Canton 1 (By period: Morrisville 0-1-3, SUNY Canton 0-0-1)
- Location: Canton, N.Y.
- Records: Morrisville (4-3-1, 3-2-1 NEWHL), SUNY Canton (0-6-1, 0-6-1 NEWHL)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Roos held the Mustangs scoreless through the first 29 minutes of play despite Morrisville out shooting SUNY Canton 13-7 in the first.
- Alexziz Giannamore (Pittsburgh, Pa.) gave Morrisville the 1-0 lead with a power play goal at the 10:42 mark in the second.
- Alana Palameta (Windsor, Ont.) put the Mustangs ahead 2-0 with her first collegiate goal; an unassisted tally at 6:07 in the third.
- SUNY Canton cut the lead in half at 9:39 in the third.
- However, the Mustangs responded three minutes after that to keep the two-goal cushion. Madalyn Box (Troy, Mich.) picked up the goal, the first of her collegiate career, at 12:05 in the third. Assisting on the play were forwards, Kylie Cameron (Burlington, Ont.) and Mackenzie Lombardi (Hamilton, Ont.).
- Giannamore provided Morrisville with an insurance goal at the 15:27 mark in the third. Assisting on the breakaway goal was Tessa Dobson (Moose Factory, Ont.) and Chyne Kennedy (Southwold, Ont.)
- Sissy Harman (Eden, N.Y.) collected 17 saves, picking up the win in net for the Mustangs.
- The Mustangs will take a break from NEWHL play until early January and turn their attention on two non-conference opponents. Morrisville will start that slate on Tuesday with a road contest against local rival, Hamilton College on Tuesday afternoon at 1 PM.