Oswego, NY – Sarah Kosnaskie scored her team-leading third goal of the season but the SUNY Canton women's hockey team dropped a 2-1 road Northeast Women's Hockey League (NEWHL) contest at Oswego State on Friday evening.
- Result: Oswego State 2, SUNY Canton 1
- Location: Marano Campus Center – Oswego, NY
- Records: Oswego State (4-2-1, 2-2-1 NEWHL) | SUNY Canton (0-5-1, 0-5-1 NEWHL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Defense led the way in the opening period as the teams combined for eight total shots without a goal.
- The Lakers opened the scoring at the five minute mark of the middle period off the stick of Morgan Shines. The Lakers added a power play goal from Kyleigh Grugin with 3 minutes, 17 seconds left in the second to take a 2-0 lead.
- Kosnaskie lit the lamp for the third time this season with the Roos on the power play at 6:23 of the third. Verity Lewis and Alexa Parigi picked up helpers on the play.
- The Roos had 48 seconds of a power play late in the period and pulled Brooke Susac for the extra skater with 45 seconds remaining. Micayla Macintyre recorded a late shot that was blocked by the Laker defense.
- Susac finished with 29 saves for the Roos including 17 in the second period, while Tia Trovato turned aside 14 shots for Oswego.
The Roos return to the ice on Saturday when they host Morrisville State at 4 p.m.