BUFFALO, N.Y. - Oswego finally broke a scoreless tie with less than three minutes remaining and held on for a 1-0 victory over host Buffalo State today to complete the weekend sweep.
FINAL SCORE: Oswego – 1, Buffalo State – 0
LOCATION: Ice Arena - Buffalo, N.Y.
RECORDS: Oswego (4-0/2-0), Buffalo State (2-3-1/1-2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- For the second-straight day, neither team could break through in the first two periods.
- The third period featured a parade of players to the penalty box, but quality scoring chances were still at a premium until Oswego finally broke through while each team was playing a player down. Avery Webster raced down the right win and wristed a shot inside the far post with just 2:41 remaining for the game's only goal.
- The Bengals were afforded one more power play with just over a minute left, but could not capitalize, finishing the game 0 for 9 with the extra attacker.
- Bri Gawronski (Dunkirk, NY/Mt. Mercy) stopped 34 of the 35 shots she faced as Oswego finished with a narrow 35-34 shots on goal edge.
- The Lakers were 0 for 3 on the power play.
FOR THE FOES
- Rachel Farmer made 34 stops for her second shutout in as many days.